Bachelor of Science Retail Management
Retailing is a global, growth industry that provides challenging and rewarding career opportunities. Retail management is the achievement of company goals through effective and efficient planning, leadership, organization and control of internal resources.
The BSc in Retail Management is a full-time three-year degree program, combining class-based training with practical assignments. Throughout the course, students study general business theory and practice along with key areas relating to retail management, specifically: Retail Marketing, Brand and Category Management, International Retailing and Sales and Merchandising.
Special Features of the Retail Management course
- Our BSc in Retail Management programme is the ideal course of study for any individual who wishes to pursue a career in the retail sector.
- The applied nature of the programme means you undertake tasks and assignments similar to those worked on in the retail sector.
- The Business Learning and Practice module in first year is specifically designed to assist your transition to college life.
- The work placement option in semester 5 allows you to gain real experience working in a retail environment. Each student will be required to keep a log of his or her work-related experience and produce an applied research project as part of this placement.
- The study abroad option in semester 5 gives students an opportunity to spend the semester studying in one of our partner colleges in Europe, North America or Canada.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD184
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Hospitality Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) Recreation & Sport Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Business Recreation & Sport Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Business at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) Business Information Systems at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Business at Waterford Institute of Technology