International Relations (MA)
In-depth learning, real-life experience, and critical analysis are all part of the dynamic, up-to-date course structure, and curriculum. Students explore the latest international relations theories through case studies and specialized projects. Tutors with expertise in a range of individual fields, guest lecturers, and trips to international organizations allow you to delve into complex real-world issues whilst discovering different perspectives.
Meanwhile, the international makeup of the faculty and student body culture inspires healthy debate, encourages appreciation and tolerance of diversity, and enhances diplomacy and communication. Students are also involved in helping to organize high-profile conferences focused on international relations.
The MA International Relations at Webster University Thailand focuses on Foreign Policy, International Law, and Humanitarian Affairs, incorporating study in areas such as migration and refugee issues. Coursework covers Economic Development and World Politics, as well as Humanitarian Action, analyzing the complexities of globalization.
Webster Bangkok is located at the heart of the central business district of Bangkok in one of the most modern spaces – Empire Tower. Symbol of innovation and reaching new heights across the metropolitan skyscraper. It is also easily accessible, being just a short walk away from the BTS Chong Nonsi Station and a few steps from the BRT Sathorn Bus Station. Empire Tower is not just your academic center but it’s also a one-stop-shop for all your student needs. The wide array of restaurants, fast food stores, and cafes ensure that you remain energized throughout the day and between classes.
Surrounded by scenic nature, just 30 minutes from the seaside of Cha-am and Hua Hin. The on-campus facilities create an ideal classroom setting with the spaces for recreation and gathering. The tranquility of a tropical setting is calming when you feel you’ve had a rather hectic day. Your life as a student is more than just academics. The indoor and outdoor sports complexes are built to host a plethora of sporting events or an impromptu basketball, football or tennis match with your friends. The indoor gym ensures that you don’t have to go the distance to put fitness first. We want your time on campus to be a life experience.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
You may apply before you receive the diploma, but your admission status will be contingent upon completing your higher education successfully.
- The minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4 point scale, or it's equivalent. Academic achievement in programs that use a different assessment scale is evaluated in the context of the relevant academic system.
- Applicants with a grade-point average of less than 2.0 are eligible for provisional admission consideration.
- To receive full admission in the graduate program, students should have an English proficiency score of TOEFL Paper: 550 or TOEFL iBT 80 or an IELTS Academic 6.5 or PTE Academic 53, but we can accept the student for the Graduate level with ESL program with a minimum score of TOEFL Paper: 450 or TOEFL iBT 45 or an IELTS Academic 5.0 or PTE Academic 38.
- Students whose English language proficiency test scores do not meet the minimum requirement will be assigned to an English as a Second Language (ESL) course as per the Graduate ESL policy.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 246153 THB
Application Fee: N/A