Master of Built Environment (Research)
A limited number of places are offered each year to suitably qualified students to follow a program of study leading to this award. This degree is for graduates seeking to extend and deepen their knowledge by undertaking an appropriate research investigation under professional supervision by UTS: Design, Architecture and Building academic staff.
The requirement of this degree is the preparation of a thesis which is judged by its examiners to be a distinct contribution to the knowledge of the subject. The format of the body of work and the length of the written dissertation are determined after discussion with UTS: Design, Architecture and Building staff and must be approved by the Graduate Studies Committee. Candidates may be required to first undertake coursework subjects in research methodology to gain experience with research methods and skills. Candidates are required to present papers, which form part of the preparation of their thesis, at the UTS: Design, Architecture and Building postgraduate seminars.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
CareerHub is our free digital platform where you can advertise graduate roles, internships, casual positions, and volunteering opportunities to UTS students. It’s also the place to promote webinars, competitions and other opportunities to our community of over 44,000 current students and recent graduates.
UTS Careers Fair:
The UTS Careers Fair is targeted at penultimate and final year students and is also open all undergraduate and postgraduate, local and international students. Each employer selects the types of students they wish to target (by year level and faculty) in the registration process. Students are all given colour-coded badges when they arrive so that employers can see who corresponds to their desired candidates, and a map of the booths, to easily find these employers. Additionally, each employer booth is coded with the students with whom they would like to meet so that the process is further streamlined. We will also have Careers Ambassadors, who are students working on the event, to assist you where needed.
- 3 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
For More Information Please Contact to Our Counselor.
- Course Code: 008674D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Mathematics and Quantitative Finance at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Indigenous Health (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Speech and Language Sciences (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Transdisciplinary Innovation (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Speech Pathology at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Medical Biotechnology (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)