Graduate Certificate in Immersive Media Technologies
Hit the virtual ground running
Immersive media, such as virtual, mixed and augmented reality (VR, MR and AR respectively), is changing the way the world delivers and consumes content—both for entertainment and learning.
With demand for highly trained professionals in the area far outstripping supply, our new Graduate Certificate in Immersive Media Technologies will prepare you to take advantage of this global career opportunity.
This cross-disciplinary degree is suitable for Immersive Media bachelor graduates wishing to advance their skills, or graduates in other fields seeking to change direction.
What will you do?
Completed over six months, the degree provides a wide-ranging overview of the immersive media industry and its creative and technical foundations.
Working across South Australia’s highest ranked Arts faculty* you will gain:
understanding of the global immersive media industry and its future markets and applications
knowledge of immersive design theory and game-engine capabilities
basic technical skills in generating core digital assets
awareness of the physiological and ergonomic implications of immersive technology design and human-computer interfacing
insight into the industry’s associated ethical considerations.
Where could it take you?
You’ll graduate ready to enter the immersive media industry anywhere in the world from the health, education and entertainment sectors, to defence, science and mining industries.
The campus provides a mix of the historical and contemporary, combining old sandstone buildings with state-of-the-art teaching, learning and research facilities.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
There are three key steps you will need to take when addressing the selection criteria in any University of Adelaide job application:
- Create a new document. Your statement addressing the position’s specified selection criteria should be separate from your cover letter and resume.
- List each criterion separately. Give each a title, using exactly the same wording as appears on the Position Description (e.g. Excellent verbal communication skills).
- Address each criterion. Under each heading, write two short paragraphs explaining how your experience, skills, education and training equip you to meet that specific requirement. Dot points are also acceptable.
Please note that failing to submit a statement addressing the selection criteria could result in your application not being considered.
Some helpful writing tips
There are a number of steps you can take when putting together your responses to increase their clarity and impact.
- Give details of one or two specific things you’ve done that are good examples of the relevant experience or knowledge required. For example: ‘I was responsible for organising an event attended by… This involved…'
- Preface these examples with a short overview that shows you appreciate the relevance of the specific criterion.
- Quantify your experience (number of years worked, staff supervised, etc.). For example: ‘I delivered a presentation to an industry forum with an audience of 80 people.’
- Where possible, indicate how successfully you meet the criterion. You could do this by referring to feedback from others, or things you've set up that are still being used. For example: ‘A report I wrote about… was endorsed by the… Committee and circulated to all stakeholders for discussion.
You could also consider using the STAR method as a structural framework when describing examples of your work. This involves describing, in the order listed here, the:
- situation you faced
- task required, and desired outcome
- action you took to complete the task
- results you achieved, and lessons you learned.
3D Animator, Multimedia / Web Designer, CGI Animator, Game Designer, VR Developer, Gaming Programmer, Animator, XR Developer/Lead Developer, XR Digital Asset Manager, XR Human-Computer Interaction Designer, XR Narrative Specialist, XR Project Manager, XR Research Engineer, XR User Experience Specialist
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entry to postgraduate coursework programs as a minimum requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent qualification from an approved institution as a qualification for entry.
Some of the graduate certificates and graduate diplomas that are offered may be accepted as qualifying work for entry to a Masters program, or as professional qualifications in their own right.
IELTS Overall 6.5 Reading 6.5 Listening 6.5 Speaking 7 Writing 7
- Course Code: 101747
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Media (Strategic Communication) at The University of Adelaide
- Graduate Diploma in International Security at The University of Adelaide
- Graduate Diploma in Immersive Media Technologies at The University of Adelaide
- Graduate Certificate in Media (Strategic Communication) at The University of Adelaide
- Graduate Certificate in International Security at The University of Adelaide
- Graduate Diploma in Music Performance at The University of Adelaide