Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
Take your outstanding academic abilities and superior analytical skills to the next level in your chosen field of commerce.
This one-year program will teach you how to conduct research relevant to business or finance. Entry is based on your undergraduate grade point average.
You'll undertake a compulsory course on research methods, study electives that will advance your existing knowledge and skills, and complete a thesis on a topic of your choice.
Your honours year will open doors to a career in research or consultancy, industry or academia and provide you with an advantage when applying for roles both in Australia and internationally.
- Push the boundaries in critical and analytical thinking, communication, problem-solving and project management.
- Advance your knowledge and develop specialised competence and expertise.
- Gain the skills you need to successfully design and conduct research projects.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Quantitative researcher
- Customs and taxation adviser
- Portfolio governance analyst
- Forensic accountant
- Corporate insolvency manager
- Merchant banker
- Financial systems accountant
- Credit and treasury administrator
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 081754J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Commerce MAJOR Finance at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Agribusiness / Agricultural Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of International Hotel and Tourism Management at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Arts at The University of Queensland