Graduate Certificate in Biotechnology
Expand your skill-set with advanced biotechnology courses and develop specialisations for further study.
The Graduate Certificate in Biotechnology program is designed for scientists who want to update their technical skills in core areas such as molecular biology, protein technology or bioinformatics, or acquire research laboratory experience.
For your half year of full-time (or part-time equivalent) studies, you'll select from more than 30 courses, allowing you to tailor your studies to suit your interests and career goals.
Choose electives in molecular biology, business planning, intellectual property, drug discovery and development, immunology and infectious diseases, and more.
With more than 400 biotechnology companies and some 600 medical device companies in Australia alone, UQ Biotechnology graduates are highly sought after for roles in health, agriculture, diagnostics, the environment, forestry, law and commerce.
- Study with a world leader in biotechnology research, which ranks first in Australia and in the top 10 globally. 2019 ARWU Global Ranking of Academic Subjects
- Learn from entrepreneurial scientists who have successfully commercialised their scientific discoveries.
- Take advantage of a large suite of electives in science that underpin new biotechnologies.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Plant breeding and engineering specialist
- Nanotechnology and biosensor application specialist
- Diagnostic test designer
- Business plan analyst
- Pharmaceutical developer
- University researcher
- Venture capital consultant
- Plant breeding, engineering, cropping or horticulture specialist
- Agricultural advisory board member
- Plant and animal geneticist
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor degree in any field, with UQ or equivalent GPA of 4.5 or above on a 7 point scale; or
2 years of work experience in the same discipline.
- Course Code: 034026J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Industry Practice at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Molecular Biology at The University of Queensland