Master of Science (Research)
Enhance your skills and knowledge with a Master of Science (Research) conducted in VU's high-tech laboratories and world-class research institutes.
The Master of Science (Research) is undertaken purely by research on a topic that is agreed between the student and supervisor and is endorsed through university processes.
You’ll research an area aligned with your qualifications and passions. We offer world-class opportunities for research in:
- biomedical sciences
- chemical science
- computer science
- food science.
Our institutes and research centres offer fantastic opportunities to take part in collaborative projects producing real benefits for local and global communities. They include sports science, medical science, sustainability and technology.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Following your masters, you will be ready for roles in scientific research and innovation, government advisory bodies, or to progress to a PhD and aim for a university role.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor's degree Completed with an overall average of all subjects (in the final year) 70%.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
You will need to provide evidence that you have achieved one of the following levels of English language proficiency :
- IELTS (academic module): Overall score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL Internet: Test score of 79. Section score no less than:
> Listening: 19
> Speaking: 19
> Reading: 18
> Writing: 22
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score of 58-64 (with no section score less than 50)
- University of Cambridge - Advanced (CAE): Overall score of 176. No individual band less than 169.
- VU English - English for Academic Purposes (EAP) (Level 6): Achieved.
IELTS, TOEFL, PTE and CAE: These tests must be taken no more than two years prior to commencing your course.
In some cases, we will accept test results from other methods of examination not listed in this table.
- Course Code: 075551D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Sport Business and Integrity at Victoria University
- Master of Public Health (Global Nutrition and Active Living) at Victoria University
- Master of Nursing (By Research) at Victoria University
- Master of Health Science (Osteopathy) at Victoria University
- Master of Counselling at Victoria University
- Master of Clinical Exercise Science and Rehabilitation at Victoria University