Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
This double degree provides students with the opportunity to combine their study of law with an area of interest drawn from a wide variety of the arts, humanities, and social sciences. It thereby gives students a larger variety of career options. Studying law in conjunction with another discipline gives you the potential to take an interdisciplinary approach in both your studies and in your future employment.
Students can study an arts major or extended major of their choice. The degree combines excellent communication and analytical skills with a solid foundation in law and has been developed in response to increasing student demand and employer preference for recruitment of double degree graduates.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A Bachelor of Arts component is, in many ways, the most valuable degree of all. This is because Arts graduates are not as restricted in what they can undertake relative to those with highly specialized degrees. Examples of career paths include management, public relations, foreign affairs, education, business, human resources, research, psychology, and archaeology. The employability of Arts graduates is a reflection of the skills they acquire during their study and this is becoming widely acknowledged.
The Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree is accredited by the Legal Profession Admission Board of NSW. Upon completion of the LLB, graduates may complete a period of practical legal training and be qualified to apply for admission as an Australian Lawyer. After admission, you are then eligible to apply for a practicing certificate as a solicitor from the Law Society of NSW or undertake further studies to obtain a practicing certificate as a barrister from the Bar Association of NSW.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A candidate shall:
- be qualified for admission (see Admission Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Coursework) Rule and the Admission Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Coursework) Procedures); or
- hold an AQF Level 5 Diploma in Arts from UNE; or
- hold an AQF Level 6 Advanced Diploma in Arts from UNE.
Assumed knowledge is any two units of English.
For direct admission into undergraduate courses offered by UNE, you must have completed an educational qualification considered to be at least equivalent to completion of Year 12 in Australia.
- Applicants holding relevant Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) Year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding relevant Indian State Board of Education Board Year 12 examination results, other than PSEB and HSEB
- Applicants holding relevant Punjab State Education Board (PSEB) and Haryana State Education Board (HSEB) Year 12 Examination
- Applications holding relevant National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding a relevant Indian post-Year 10, Year 12 equivalent 3-Year VET level Diploma results in a relevant stream
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 60% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+).
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 65% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant start, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+),
- Must have achieved an overall minimum average of 60% or First Division results
- Course Code: 016020J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning at University of New England
- Bachelor of Music with Honours at University of New England
- Bachelor of Music at University of New England
- Bachelor of Media and Communications with Honours at University of New England
- Bachelor of Media and Communications at University of New England
- Bachelor of International Studies with Honours at University of New England