Finance and Technology (with a professional placement year) BSc (Hons)
Gain the financial technology (FinTech) skills essential for a career in tomorrow’s financial institutions. The FinTech industry will create hundreds of thousands of jobs in the UK alone and is already worth £7-billion to the UK economy. With developments in computing continuing to accelerate, understanding their applications to financial markets will make you highly employable in a variety of industries.
The BSc offers you the opportunity to gain experience at the cutting edge between finance and computer science. You’ll develop quantitative and analytical skills as well as your coding and programming capabilities. You have access to our Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab, located in the Business School, and to Thomson Reuters service platforms. This allows you to take part in real-time financial and trading simulation, supervised by academic and industry experts.
This joint degree prepares you for employment in the exciting and growing FinTech industry as well as in traditional financial services and IT. With this course, you have the opportunity to apply for a year in industry where you can put your knowledge into practice. We have a wide range of well-established partnerships including local, London-based and international companies.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Baccalaureate
(Typical offer - 32-34 points overall from the full IB Diploma)
- You must have a good level of Mathematics.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Economics and Politics BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Economics and International Relations BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Economics (with a professional placement year) BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Economics (with a professional placement year) BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Economics BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Economics BA (Hons) at University of Sussex