BA (Hons) in Music Performance
The University of Chichester Conservatoire has one of the largest and liveliest music departments in the UK with a community of over 400 student performers. Our facilities include computerized recording and media studios, well-equipped practice rooms and an acoustically superb performance venue.
There are four main routes of study if you want to focus on performance. These are:
- BMus (Hons) Jazz Performance (three years)
- BA (Hons) Music Performance (three years)
- BMus (Hons) Performance (four years)
- BMus (Hons) Vocal Performance (four years)
You’ll also be trained in the art of performance itself, study performance anxiety, the use of gestures in performance, concert, and event hosting, and can choose to study the Alexander Technique, Yoga, dance and acting alongside a wide choice of contextual modules. Our ensembles are involved in a lot of performance work along with a rich program of concerts, recitals, and masterclasses by visiting artists. Some of the performance modules you might take include:
- Performance Development modules
- Performance Anxiety
- Movement and Gesture
- Musical Event
- Ensemble Experience
- Performance of Personal Study
Everyone completes a personal study as part of their undergraduate work, and for performers, this is an opportunity to present a longer and more challenging program of work.
Bishop Otter Campus
Our Bishop Otter Campus in Chichester is set in beautiful surroundings with plenty of relaxing green space and a combination of attractive, historic buildings and excellent modern facilities. Back in 1839, the campus was founded by William Otter, Bishop of Chichester. 180 years later, the University still retains a strong sense of history as original parts still remain. Chichester is a beautiful city which offers a wealth of history and culture. It has many historical places to discover such as Chichester Cathedral, Market Cross and Chichester City Walls. Alongside its history, Chichester is surrounded by breath-taking sandy beaches with East and West Wittering beaches only 20 minutes away from campus. The South Downs National Park begins just 1.5 miles from our Chichester campus. From rolling hills to bustling market towns, the South Downs National Park's landscapes cover 1,600km² of breath-taking views and hidden gems. With Brighton, Portsmouth and Southampton all under an hour away, the University of Chichester is perfectly placed for exploring the south coast.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
We’re a friendly and professional team, dedicated to helping students and graduates to plan their futures, to learn about the world of work and meet employers.
There are many ways employers may get involved with the University and meet the talent of our students and graduates.
The Careers and Employability team can help with finding work or postgraduate study, developing connections and skills, going freelance or starting a business. We’ll assist with searching for jobs, choosing a career, completing and sharpening an application form or CV.
2 Years PSW is applicable after the course.(Bachelors & Masters only)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Foundation Year
- Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Standard VII from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE)
- Metro State Boards (Delhi, Maharashtra, Chennai, Kolkata, and Karnataka)
- Minimum 60%.
For High School qualifications from alternative boards, an International Foundation Year will be required.
- Higher Secondary Education Board Examination
- A recognized international foundation year
- International Foundation Programme
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- A-Levels (including Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education (Advanced level) equivalent)
Typical Offer (individual offers may vary):
UCAS Tariff points: 104 – 112 (A levels or combination with AS / EPQ / BTEC/ Cambridge Technical)
A levels: BBC - BCC
BTEC/Cambridge Technical: DMM - MMM
Access to HE Diploma: Pass
International Baccalaureate: 28 points
IELTS 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5
- Course Code: W312
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- BSC (HONS) DIGITAL FILM TECHNOLOGIES at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) SOCIOLOGY WITH INTEGRATED FOUNDATION YEAR at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) SOCIOLOGY WITH CRIMINOLOGY WITH INTEGRATED FOUNDATION YEAR at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) RELIGION, ETHICS AND SOCIETY at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) PAINTING AND DRAWING at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) MUSIC WITH MUSICAL THEATRE at University of Chichester