This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Master of Molecular Biology
Acquire high-level knowledge and develop practical skills relevant to modern molecular biology research or industry practice.
With UQ's 1.5 year Master of Molecular Biology program, you can build practical skills as you experience laboratory techniques such as electrophoresis, polymerase chain reaction, endonuclease mapping, fluorescent reporters and expression vectors.
You'll develop an advanced knowledge of the structure and function of genes and the proteins they encode. Your study will cover genome sequencing, recombinant DNA technology and macromolecular structure determination. Through laboratory practicals, workshops, projects and directed study, you'll receive training in bioinformatics, molecular genetics, biomolecular structure and function, and immunology.
You'll also gain practical insights and crucial research skills by undertaking a research-focused internship or project with our industry partners. Plus you'll graduate equipped with high-level knowledge and skills relevant to modern molecular biology research or industry practice.
- Study at an international powerhouse of teaching and research in chemical and molecular life sciences.
- Learn from scientists who have contributed to breakthroughs in safer vaccines, antibiotic resistance, viral infections and early breast cancer detection.
- Enhance your technical and research skills in core areas of molecular biology, protein technology and bioinformatics.
- Put theory into practice, build relationships with potential employers and mentors, and test career options.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
- Feb Deadline: Nov
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Postgraduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
1.5-year degree (24 units of study)
If you have relevant prior learning or experience, you can reduce the number of courses you need to complete and graduate in less time.
To be eligible to complete the degree in 1.5 years full-time (only available as full-time study), you'll need:
- a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (see below).
You must have a grade point average (GPA) of 5.0 on a 7-point scale in your previous qualification.
Relevant disciplines for previous qualifications
Relevant disciplines include biotechnology, science, medicine, biomedical science, pharmacy, bioinformatics, genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry, and biological chemistry.
- Course Code: 034037F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- MASTER OF Occupational Hygiene at The University of Queensland
- MASTER OF Food Science and Technology Research Extensive at The University of Queensland
- MASTER OF Clinical Neuropsychology and Clinical Psychology at The University of Queensland
- Master of Sports Coaching at The University of Queensland
- Masters of Occupational Hygiene / Occupational Health and Safety Science at The University of Queensland
- Master of Bioinformatics at The University of Queensland