B.A. (Moderatorship) Honours Science
Is Science the course for you?
Science at Trinity is offered through four different entry routes/streams leading to an honours degree following four years of study. We offer students opportunities to choose from four entry paths/streams: Biological and Biomedical Sciences; Chemical Sciences; Geography and Geoscience; Physical Sciences. These four entry routes lead to one of 20 exit routes. The programme will offer students a detailed knowledge and thorough understanding of the scientific method. Students will learn scientific skills while developing an understanding of the role and Influence of science on society
What is Science?
Science is about knowledge: the generation of knowledge through research and its acquisition through learning. Scientific investigation allows us to understand the world around us: how the physical world has evolved and changed since the Big Bang and how life has advanced into complex, diverse forms. The application of scientific knowledge has led to world changing developments such as modern medicine, the mobile phone and efficient methods of energy production. As we acquire new knowledge, our understanding of the world changes which in turn leads to new and better applications. There is still much to discover and new applications to be developed. Do you want to contribute?
Science at Trinity
Science at Trinity The advantages of studying science in Trinity:
- Outstanding teaching by scientists and mathematicians who are at the forefront of their fields worldwide
- Coherent, progressive programmes in four broad streams › Wide range of specialist moderatorship subjects
- Broad choice of additional, approved and elective modules
- All students complete a Capstone research project
- Small classes in third and fourth year
- Opportunities to study abroad before and after graduation
- Rigorous education and training in chosen field
- Excellent career prospects in Ireland and abroad
- Trinity is recognised internationally as one of the top research universities in Europe
- Research-led teaching by world leaders in their fields of study
- Have a natural curiosity about the world around you?
- Want to experience the excitement of scientific discovery?
- Want the scientific knowledge that allows you to contribute to solving some of the problems facing mankind today?
Application Processing Time in Days: 60
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
If you are an international student studying at Trinity, you might be considering internship and graduate work in Ireland, in your home country, or elsewhere. This section provides information for Non EU students on working in Ireland during and after your studies. For information and resources to support an international job search, see our Devex resource which includes international job search advice and information.
Employers value candidates who have more to offer than a good degree with high grades. They look for students who are well rounded and who have experience outside the classroom. Search for and take advantage of opportunities to gain experience, develop your skill set, and gain a clearer picture of what you like and don't like in terms of career options.
For example, you can get involved in some of the many student clubs and societies in college, volunteer or get a part time job. Remember that voluntary work is as valuable as paid work on your CV or resume - it's a great way to demonstrate your skills to future employers. Have a look at the TCD Civic Engagement website and check out volunteering opportunities in Ireland and abroad.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- General Entry Requirements
- Class XII – ISC, CBSE
- 80-90% in six subjects at XII depending on course (or 5 at Grade XII and 1 at Grade X) Mathematics up to Grade X
- 3 subjects at Grade 5 (Higher Level)
- 3 subjects at Grade 4 (Standard Level),
- including English & Maths
- 32 to 40 points, depending on course
- 4 A2 or best 3 A2 plus one AS
- Pass in English & Maths
- *75% or above / HL Mathematics required
- at Class XII level for Computer Science,Engineering, Science and Mathematics courses
*Additional requirements may apply for some courses
- English Language Proficienc Test
- IELTS - 6.5 (No individual band below 6)
- TOEFL - 90 (Written score 21)
- PTE Score -63 (No section below 59)
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 EUR
Application Fee: 55 EUR
- Environmental Science and Engineering at Trinity College Dublin
- Chemistry with Biosciences: Chemical Sciences at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honours (Moderatorship) Chemistry with Molecular Modelling: Chemical Sciences at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honors Computer Science at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honors Computer Science Linguistics and a Language at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Environmental Sciences: Biological and Biomedical Sciences at Trinity College Dublin