B.A. Honours (Moderatorship) Chemistry with Molecular Modelling: Chemical Sciences
Students who wish to study chemistry with molecular modelling apply to the chemical sciences stream (TR061) and at the end of the second year may select chemistry with molecular modelling as their specialist area for the third and fourth years
What is Chemistry with Molecular Modelling?
Chemistry with molecular modelling is a chemistry-based creative-science course that is used to develop everything from new materials such as superconductors for new batteries, to new drug molecules for the pharmaceutical industry. Without it, many modern science disciplines such as materials science, molecular biology and environmental science would not be possible. Chemistry with molecular modelling embeds computermodelling techniques and how they can be applied to understand and explore chemistry. Advancements in molecular modelling have led to an explosive growth in a range of applications. The modelling aspects of this course focus on modelling the structure and reactivity of molecules and solids including:
› The simulation of the structure and properties of materials and nano-materials, including oxides, semiconductors and catalysts
› Modelling of how electrons are arranged in materials and how they behave during chemical reactions
› Modelling organic and bio-organic molecules, including DNA, proteins, drug molecules and computational drug design
› The theory and implementation of different approaches to modelling materials
Chemistry with Molecular Modelling: The course for you?
The course will suit you well if you have an interest in science and chemistry in particular, have a logical and inquisitive mind and want to work in industry or research after university.
Chemistry with Molecular Modelling at Trinity This degree is designed to train our students with the creative talent and skills required for research and industry. The course provides a broad base in organic, inorganic and physical chemistry so that our graduates have a wide selection of career prospects. This degree also provides students with the unique opportunity to study the fundamentals of modern chemistry, whilst developing computer/ IT skills and applying computer-modelling techniques to explore chemical problems.
Application Processing Time in Days: 60
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
If you are an international student studying at Trinity, you might be considering internship and graduate work in Ireland, in your home country, or elsewhere. This section provides information for Non EU students on working in Ireland during and after your studies. For information and resources to support an international job search, see our Devex resource which includes international job search advice and information.
Employers value candidates who have more to offer than a good degree with high grades. They look for students who are well rounded and who have experience outside the classroom. Search for and take advantage of opportunities to gain experience, develop your skill set, and gain a clearer picture of what you like and don't like in terms of career options.
For example, you can get involved in some of the many student clubs and societies in college, volunteer or get a part time job. Remember that voluntary work is as valuable as paid work on your CV or resume - it's a great way to demonstrate your skills to future employers. Have a look at the TCD Civic Engagement website and check out volunteering opportunities in Ireland and abroad.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- General Entry Requirements
- Class XII – ISC, CBSE
- 80-90% in six subjects at XII depending on course (or 5 at Grade XII and 1 at Grade X) Mathematics up to Grade X
- 3 subjects at Grade 5 (Higher Level)
- 3 subjects at Grade 4 (Standard Level),
- including English & Maths
- 32 to 40 points, depending on course
- 4 A2 or best 3 A2 plus one AS
- Pass in English & Maths
- *75% or above / HL Mathematics required
- at Class XII level for Computer Science,Engineering, Science and Mathematics courses
*Additional requirements may apply for some courses
- English Language Proficienc Test
- IELTS - 6.5 (No individual band below 6)
- TOEFL - 90 (Written score 21)
- PTE Score -63 (No section below 59)
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: TR061
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 EUR
Application Fee: 55 EUR
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honours Science at Trinity College Dublin
- Environmental Science and Engineering at Trinity College Dublin
- Chemistry with Biosciences: Chemical Sciences at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honors Computer Science at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honors Computer Science Linguistics and a Language at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Environmental Sciences: Biological and Biomedical Sciences at Trinity College Dublin