Human Computer Interaction, MSc by Research
The MSc by Research in Human-Computer Interaction allows you to undertake a year-long individual programme of personally and professionally enriching research.
Your human-computer interaction research project will be shaped by participation in activities such as seminars, workshops, laboratory activity and fieldwork, as well as your involvement in one of our established research groups.
All postgraduate Computer Science programmes give you the transferable skills and knowledge to capitalise on employment opportunities in the burgeoning and ever-evolving technology industry.
While this programme usually finishes after a year, it can be used to progress to the second year of a PhD degree in the appropriate circumstances.
Computer Science at Swansea University Computer Science at Swansea University is widely acknowledged as a leading UK department, with a raft of impressive rankings reflecting teaching and research excellence. The College is ranked:
- 8th in the UK overall [Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019]
- In the UK Top 20 for Research Excellence [Research Excellence Framework 2014]
- 14th in the UK for research [Times and Sunday Times University Guide 2019]
- UK University of the Year Runner-up and Welsh University of the Year [Times and Sunday Times University Guide 2019]
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). The Bay Campus is situated to the left-hand side of Fabian Way and the main entrance is controlled by traffic lights. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately to the left of the main entrance. There is a large Park and Ride facility located at Fabian Way, which is a short distance from the Bay Campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants for MSc by Research must normally hold an undergraduate degree at 2.1 level (or Non-UK equivalent as defined by Swansea University).
- Bachelor: 60%; or
- CGPA 6.7 (10 point system); or
- CGPA 6 (7 point system); or
- CGPA 3 (4 point system)
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A