Bachelor of Sport Development
Learn about sport pathways and coaching, and the marketing and management of sport, and turn your passion for sport into a rewarding career. With Deakin’s Bachelor of Sport Development, you'll examine the science of coaching as well as the practical elements of encouraging participation and performance in sport.
Want the chance to develop your own coaching programs and sport development philosophies?
Deakin is one of Australia's leading universities in the delivery of sports courses. The Bachelor of Sport Development draws on streams of study to build an understanding of sport systems, programs, and pathways, contemporary health, and community development approaches, and the organization, management, and governance of sports organizations. You'll learn how to develop coaching programs and sport development philosophies, and examine theoretical aspects of the science of coaching and how the sport is used as a vital tool for development. You'll undertake analyses of agencies and organizations within and beyond the sports industry that deliver sport programs or leverage them for broader social outcomes. At the same time, students will examine and develop skills that are vital to managing sport development in the dynamic sport industry.
Elective units may provide the opportunity for Work Integrated Learning experiences.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This course will prepare you for roles in coaching, the leisure industry, and sports science and in the field of community sports development.
Career opportunities include:
- community sports development officer
- high-performance manager
- player agent
- a professional sports association official
- recreation officer
- sports coach
- sports development officer
- sports governance official
- sports policy officer.
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- (standard class XII):- 65%
- a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR
- a Diploma in any discipline or 50% completion of a Diploma in a related discipline OR
- successful completion of relevant study, equivalent to at least two Deakin University units, at an accredited higher education institution OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent including a Foundation Program approved by Faculty Board or relevant work or life experience
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
- Course Code: 058665B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Arts/Master of International Relations at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Communication (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science at Deakin University