Computer Science (Certificate)
Students whose preparation in Computer Science is insufficient for admission to the Master's program should consider seeking the Undergraduate Certificate. The Undergraduate Certificate is also intended for students who are mainly interested in computer applications, or in a certificate program instead of receiving a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. If the student is already matriculated at UMass Boston. Because of the prerequisite structure of the courses it may take two years to complete the Certificate (the exact time will of course depend on the student's background), and it may not be possible to do course work full-time. In particular, the listed mathematics requirements begin with calculus. However, many students may need a review of high school algebra. On the other hand, students who enter this program with previous mathematics or computer programming experience will be given appropriate credit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All UMass Boston applicants are asked to submit a personal essay. It gives you the opportunity to present yourself in a way that grades and test scores cannot. Our admissions counselors use your essay to determine your ability to organize your thoughts and express yourself clearly. Your essay may also be used to consider you for the Honors College and/or any scholarship opportunities for which you may qualify.
- Students who are attending or have graduated from a U.S. high school must submit SAT or ACT scores. Submission of TOEFL or IELTS scores is recommended.
- Students seeking full admission to electrical or computer engineering, management, or nursing programs are required to submit their SAT or ACT test scores.
- For students who have a recalculated grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher and seek full admissions to the College of Liberal Arts or to the College of Science and Mathematics, SAT or ACT scores are optional but must meet the minimum TOEFL (79-80) or IELTS (6.0) scores required.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 100 USD