Film Studies MA
This course combines the theory and history of cinema with the study of the industry and craft of filmmaking, and gives you the opportunity to explore your interests in the history of film, global cinema, and contemporary film and its key role in modern society.
Through the core module (Film Arts and Industries), you’ll be acquainted with the theoretical, historical and cultural approaches to the medium of film and institution of cinema, and you’ll investigate the variety of skills and activities around film as an art, as well as cinema as an industry.
The independent project will allow you to specialise in your own interests in a way that will serve your intellectual and creative aspirations and career goals. Working with a specialist academic, you can choose to write a dissertation based on research into a film/cinema topic, or you can choose to combine a shorter dissertation with a creative or practice-based activity appropriate to your interests and skills.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Performance Design MA at University of Leeds
- High-Performance Graphics and Games Engineering MSc at University of Leeds
- Geographical Information Systems MSc at University of Leeds
- Digital Communications Networks MSc (Eng) at University of Leeds
- Communications and Signal Processing MSc (Eng) at University of Leeds
- Performance MMus at University of Leeds