Bachelor of Education (Teaching) (Honours)
By adding this one-year, advanced postgraduate qualification to your existing Bachelor of Education (Teaching) you will enhance your ability to make a difference to other people and improve your career outcomes.
You will be able to explore any burning questions, developing your knowledge through research and study alongside expert academics who have years of experience in their field.
Both the taught and research options will allow you to choose an area to explore more intensively, adding depth to your bachelor's degree. You will also be given the opportunity to carry out a supervised research project in your area of interest.
The Epsom Campus is the main campus for the Faculty of Education and Social Work and is home to approximately 3500 students.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This degree demonstrates to employers that you have an advanced knowledge of the study of Education. While many of our graduates go on to teach in a range of settings in New Zealand and overseas, this programme also equips you with transferable skills that can be applied to a range of professions. Having a postgraduate degree gives you an advantage in the employment market and can lead to increased salary potential.
Jobs related to this program
- Curriculum developer
- Education consultant
- Educational researcher
- Human resources adviser
- Human rights education coordinator
- Policy adviser
- Senior leadership position in a school
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
You need to have one of the following:
- 12 years of schooling and an overall average of 75 percent in the All-India Senior School Certificate (AISSC), Indian School Certificate (ISC), Karnataka, Maharashtra, and West Bengal State Board Examinations with a minimum of 70 percent in English.
- 12 years of schooling and an overall average of 80 percent in all other Higher Secondary State Board Examinations with a minimum of 75 percent in English.
You need to have the following:
- Entry from secondary school qualifications is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
You need to have the following:
- Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education. You must have completed a minimum of three A-Level subjects, with at least a ‘C’ grade or higher. General Studies or similar general paper cannot be included.
GCE ‘A’ Level requirements apply to ‘A’ Level qualifications examined by bodies such as AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC, CCEA, Pearson Education Limited, and CIE taken outside of New Zealand.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Bachelor of Social Work (Honours) at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Social Work at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Education (Teaching) at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Laws at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Education (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) at University of Auckland