Master of Counselling
Develop an understanding of the theory and practice of counselling with the Master of Counselling at VU.
You'll gain experience in adult, child and adolescent counselling, focusing your learning on:
- counselling and psychological theory
- counselling interventions and psychological therapies (for adults, children, adolescents and families)
- practical skills through industry-based learning and placement.
Accredited by the Australian Counselling Association (ACA), the Master of Counselling covers:
- insights into a range of presenting issues, including depression, anxiety, grief, loss and addictions
- an understanding of the ethics of counselling
- the completion of a practice-based minor thesis.
Please note: this is not a psychology course accredited by the Australian Psychological Society.
City Flinders Campus is a modern building in the centre of Melbourne’s busy central business district (CBD) You could be studying courses as diverse as osteopathy and business at this campus. It is opposite Melbourne’s grand Flinders Street Station, the Yarra River and the Southbank precinct. The campus is a perfect location for transport, shopping, food and cafes, or to hold a special event at our our Convention Centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This course leads to careers in:
- family support
- multicultural services
- community work
- school counselling
- welfare services
- palliative care
- refugee services
- youth work.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) in a similar discipline.
- Suitability for the profession of counselling as determined at an interview.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score of 7.5 (with no band less than 6.5 in Reading & Writing and 7.5 in Speaking & Listening)
- Course Code: 042907J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Global Public Health at Victoria University
- Master of Sport Business and Integrity at Victoria University
- Master of Science (Research) at Victoria University
- Master of Public Health (Global Nutrition and Active Living) at Victoria University
- Master of Nursing (By Research) at Victoria University
- Master of Health Science (Osteopathy) at Victoria University