Bachelor of Property and Real Estate/Bachelor of Commerce
Combine the practicalities of real estate with the commercial knowledge you need to succeed through the Bachelor of Property and Real Estate/Bachelor of Commerce. You'll gain a business foundation that includes economics, accounting, marketing, and management while studying units in various aspects of real estate such as development, management, and valuation.
Want to be a property expert with world-class business skills?
You’ll graduate with professionally recognized qualifications in both real estate and commerce – a combination in demand by employers. Plus, our course is one of the most highly regarded programs in the industry, so you’ll graduate one step ahead.
Through hands-on and theoretical learning, you’ll tackle the following areas:
- property economics
- property investment
- property law and practice
- sustainable construction
- statutory valuation.
You’ll also gain a specialized education in one of our commerce majors, so you can apply your real estate knowledge to a commercial environment. Choose from:
- financial planning
- food and agribusiness
- human resource management
- management information systems
We take a practical approach to property and real estate, so you will graduate with work-ready skills. You’ll learn from teachers who are active in the industry and benefit from their existing professional networks.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This combined degree prepares you for a career in the business world and in the global property and real estate industries. Career opportunities include:
- asset manager
- government valuer
- leasing agent
- portfolio manager
- property manager
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- (standard class XII) 65%
Entry for applicants with recent secondary education (previous three years) will be based on their performance in the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education with an ATAR of at least 50, and pre-requisite units 3 and 4; a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or 20 in English other than EAL.
Entry for applicants with previous Tertiary, VET, life, or work experience will be based on their performance in:
- a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR
- a Diploma in any discipline or 50% completion of Diploma in a related discipline OR
- successful completion of relevant study equivalent to at least two Deakin University units at an accredited higher education institution OR
- evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent including a Foundation Program approved by Faculty Board or relevant work or life experience
Mandatory student checks
Any unit which contains work-integrated learning, a community placement, or interaction with the community may require a police check, Working with Children Check, or another check.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 072834F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Arts at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business Analytics at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Arts at Deakin University