Master of Educational Leadership
If you are an aspiring or current educational leader who is passionate about leading improvements that serve diverse communities and learners, this qualification is for you.
This program is designed for the working professional so you have the option of doing the programme part-time and choosing online courses.
You will strengthen your understanding of your own school content and your role within it.
You will be able to understand, critique and contribute to research that is shaping Aotearoa New Zealand’s educational policy and practice.
120-point or 180-point* option. Pursue research in an area of your choice that links to educational leadership, and work closely with University researchers in this field. Completion by thesis.
120-point or 180-point* option. Study at an advanced level around aspects of Educational Leadership. Taught options do not require a thesis.
The Epsom Campus is the main campus for the Faculty of Education and Social Work and is home to approximately 3500 students.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This qualification will prepare you for leadership roles, such as in a school or centre, as well as for specialist education roles including senior management, mentoring and educational policy development. The research study options can lead to further study at the doctoral level.
Jobs related to this program
- Education consultant
- Policy development manager (education)
- Professional development facilitator
- School head of department
- School principal
- School senior leadership team member
- Senior teacher
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- A bachelor’s degree in education or similar undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Social Work (Professional) at University of Auckland
- Master of Social Work at University of Auckland
- Master of Social and Community Leadership at University of Auckland
- Master of Education Practice at University of Auckland
- Master of Education at University of Auckland
- Master of Counselling at University of Auckland