Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Architectural Engineering)
Always had an interest in building design? Launch your career as an architectural engineer with the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Architectural Engineering) at Victoria University.
Gain the expertise you need to integrate structural systems into architects’ plans, meeting project design, safety and environmental goals. Our Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Architectural Engineering) covers the processes behind constructing safe buildings, with an emphasis on sustainable design. It also encompasses elements of other engineering disciplines, including mechanical, electrical and fire protection.
VU’s College of Engineering and Science follows a teaching method of problem-based learning. Our students learn to approach engineering problems independently, coming up with creative and practical solutions.
Our work placements and industry projects give you the practical experience needed to confidently begin your career. Students are required to complete 12 weeks of industry placement. You will graduate job-ready for a career providing useful, relevant engineering solutions.
There are only two accredited architectural engineering programs in Australia, so demand for our graduates is high.
Areas of study include:
- architectural history and design of buildings
- air conditioning, lighting and electrical power distribution
- water supply and distribution
- fire and life safety systems
- sustainable building systems design
- building structures and building construction technology.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Architectural engineers work on new building projects and renovations of existing structures. They design the systems that make modern buildings safe and comfortable places to live and work.
With an increasing demand for sustainable building practices, demand for architectural engineers is high.
Graduates work closely with architects and can find careers within architecture, engineering and construction firms.
Job titles include:
- design engineer
- building services engineer
- hydraulic engineer
- structural engineer.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Units 3 and 4 with a study score of 20 in Mathematics (any) (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 084872A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Professional) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Information Technology at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours) at Victoria University