EAST ASIAN STUDIES, CERTIFICATE
The undergraduate certificate in East Asian studies is available to students working toward a baccalaureate degree in any of the University of Wisconsin–Madison schools and colleges, and to University Special students. This certificate meets the needs of students choosing to focus on the East Asian region (China, Korea, Japan, and Tibet) within their primary major, but not wishing to commit to the rigorous language study required by the relevant majors in the Department of Asian Languages and Cultures.
Students select coursework reflecting their interests from myriad classes offered through many university departments and can work toward a variety of undergraduate majors. Upon earning the certificate, this emphasis is noted on the student's transcript. The certificate is of value to students wishing to demonstrate their knowledge of the East Asian region either to potential employers or to graduate schools.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Study of an East Asian language is strongly encouraged, but not required. Courses in elementary Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Tibetan are available, providing an introduction to the fundamentals of the languages, without necessarily requiring additional advanced language coursework.
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
If you are currently enrolled in high school: Official transcripts from your U.S. high school, as well as transcripts for any secondary work (grades 9–12) completed prior to enrollment in a U.S. high school. Your current U.S. high school may submit their copy of your prior school transcript.
If you are currently enrolled in high school at the time of application:
- An official copy of grade 10 secondary school examination board results officiated or attested by school official*
- Internal grades for coursework taken in grades 11 and 12, through time of application.
- In order to finalize admission, students must supply an officiated or attested copy of their grade 12 senior secondary board results.
If you have already completed high school at the time of application: Attested secondary and senior secondary/intermediate education board results*
*Board results listed on transcripts are not sufficient; we require attested copies of the actual results certificates issued by the examining board.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD
- THEATRE, CERTIFICATE at University of Wisconsin
- TEXTILES AND DESIGN, CERTIFICATE at University of Wisconsin
- TECHNICAL JAPANESE STUDIES FOR UNDERGRADUATES, CERTIFICATE at University of Wisconsin
- TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION, CERTIFICATE at University of Wisconsin
- SPORTS COMMUNICATION, CERTIFICATE at University of Wisconsin
- SOUTHEAST ASIAN STUDIES, CERTIFICATE at University of Wisconsin