Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
Enhance your cookery skills and gain an understating of kitchen, operations, people and finance management for hospitality businesses.
This course combines practical culinary skills with theoretical management concepts, preparing you for leadership or supervisory positions in kitchen environments. You will develop skills in the following areas:
- quality and stock control
- menu planning and costing
- food preparation and presentation
- human resources
- people and operations management
- sustainable work practices
- food hygiene, food safety, OHS and first aid.
Footscray Nicholson Campus is a few minutes' walk from the Footscray train station. This relaxed and friendly campus has an emphasis on TAFE courses, run through VU Polytechnic. It's easy to find your way around – there is a brand new learning commons with a library and study spaces. We also have childcare facilities and a recreation centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This course provides recognition of the skills and knowledge required to find employment in hospitality establishments including:
- international commercial entities of 5-3 star standard.
Possible job titles include:
- head chef
- sous chef
- chef de partie
- executive chef.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Year 11 or equivalent. The Polytechnic use the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to measure the language proficiency of people who want to study with us.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (Academic module): Overall score of 5.5 (no band less than 5.0).
For employment and practical placement purposes, this vocational sector typically requires a current and satisfactory Police Record Check. Failure to provide the required documents in the timeframe specified by the Course Coordinator, means you will be unable to undertake practical placement in a workplace and therefore not eligible to progress in this course.
- Course Code: 0100178
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A