Master of Heritage Conservation
This program, designed for both professionals and aspiring professionals, reflects the interdisciplinary nature of the heritage industry. You can choose to specialize in inbuilt heritage, or museums and cultural heritage.
Increase your knowledge of historic and modern buildings, how they were built, how to assess their heritage value and how they can be preserved or adapted in our contemporary world.
Museums and Cultural Heritage
Develop your understanding of museums and heritage practices in visual and material culture, with a focus on Aotearoa New Zealand and the Pacific.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
You can prepare for a career in the heritage industry, or upskill with a formal qualification if you are already working in the industry. You will gain knowledge of the principles and concepts of heritage conservation, an appreciation of relevant theory and practice, and a readiness to contribute to heritage conservation around the world.
Jobs related to this programme
- Building technologist
- Conservation consultant
- Head of human history
- Heritage consultant
- Librarian or archivist
- Local authority heritage adviser
- Senior adviser with the Ministry for Culture and Heritage
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Urban Planning (Professional) and Urban Design at University of Auckland
- Master of Urban Planning (Professional) and Heritage Conservation at University of Auckland
- Master of Urban Planning (Professional) at University of Auckland
- Master of Urban Planning at University of Auckland
- Master of Urban Design at University of Auckland
- Master of Theology at University of Auckland