Bachelor of International Hotel and Tourism Management
Embark on a successful managerial career in tourism, hospitality or events.
This degree opens up exciting opportunities in the global tourism industry. You'll learn about developing, promoting and delivering events, marketing tourist attractions, and evaluating hospitality encounters.
Teachers in this degree have strong industry connections. They'll teach you about contemporary issues including sustainability, social media and customer service, and cover industry challenges and how they can be addressed.
A special feature of this program are the hands-on experiences including executive shadowing, wine immersion programs, Disney World internships, study tours and placements.
Our graduates are in high demand with employers, both locally and internationally. Thanks to your advanced management training and professional networks, you'll be well positioned for a promising career.
- Join one of the world's top business schools and the only Australian university to offer programs accredited by the United Nations World Tourism Organisation.
- Choose one or two majors from events, hospitality, and tourism management, and graduate with advanced management training, knowledge and networks.
- Fast-track your career through work placements, executive shadowing opportunities, internships with Disney World Florida, local and international study tours, and more.
- UQ is the only university in Australia to be certified with the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) TedQual certification.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Event Management
- Hospitality Management
- Tourism Management
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Tourism and events manager
- Sponsorship coordinator
- Marketing coordinator
- Cruise director
- Food and beverage manager
- Hotel manager
- Travel agent
- Tourism product development manager
- Festival manager
- Casino manager
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); General Mathematics, Mathematical Methods or Specialist Mathematics (Units 3 & 4, C).
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 037701K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Commerce MAJOR Finance at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Agribusiness / Agricultural Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Arts at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Environmental Management (Honours) at The University of Queensland