Master of Spiritual Direction
What this course is about
The Master of Spiritual Direction enables students to acquire advanced knowledge of the theological and scriptural foundations of approaches to spiritual direction in the Christian tradition and to apply this knowledge in professional practice.
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Spiritual Direction:
- have advanced knowledge of the theological and spiritual foundations of approaches to spiritual direction in the Christian tradition and of the relation of the discipline to broader theological studies
- have mastery of skills to reflect critically on giving guidance to an individual’s spiritual experience in the light of key themes, traditions, and approaches in spirituality
- have communication and technical research skills to justify and interpret theoretical propositions and professional decisions about themes, traditions, and approaches in spiritual direction
- apply knowledge of themes, traditions and approaches in spiritual direction with creativity and initiative to professional practice and for further learning
- apply relevant theological and hermeneutical skills through the execution of a substantial research-based project, capstone experience, or piece of scholarship.
Stirling Theological College
At Stirling we believe that the preparation of God’s people for service, leadership, ministry and mission is absolutely crucial. We are convinced that something life-giving and hope-filled happens when behaviour, belonging and belief converge.
Whitley College is a culturally diverse community of learners committed to practical expressions of God’s activity in the world. We wrestle together in spiritual formation through theological reflection, creative exploration and academic rigour.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Usually between 2 and 4 years, depending on your qualification.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree.
Attend an interview
It is a requirement that all students attend an admissions interview with an academic advisor at a College. This will be a Course Advisor in the case of coursework applicants, and a Research Coordinator in the case of a higher degree by research applicants. The interview may be conducted by telephone or email or similar means. The purpose of the interview is to help you choose the right course, to ensure you meet the admission requirements, and to plan a program of study appropriate to your course and your needs.
- Course Code: 096385F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 300 AUD
- Master of Theology (Research) at University of Divinity
- Master of Theology (Coursework) at University of Divinity
- Master of Theological Studies at University of Divinity
- Master of Spirituality at University of Divinity
- Master of Pastoral Care at University of Divinity
- Master of Education and Theology at University of Divinity