Bachelor of Science Bachelor of Laws
This degree addresses the increasing need for scientific expertise among lawyers.
With the Bachelor of Laws, students explore the common law and the broader Australian legal system before building specialist expertise through electives and majors. These include biomedical law, bioethics, and intellectual property law, or the Legal Futures and Technology major, which provides an intensive exploration of emerging technologies that are shaping the legal sector. With the Bachelor of Science, students study the fundamentals of science before choosing a major in either nanotechnology, medical science, biotechnology or mathematics, or using their electives to build a degree that reflects their personal interests.
This course meets the academic requirements for admission to practise law in NSW. Graduates possess an understanding of the law in the context of research and industrial and commercial enterprise, making them ready for specialist legal careers in areas such as patent, environmental or medical law.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options include positions in the law (in areas where strong scientific backgrounds are valued, such as conservation and resource management), climate change advisory roles, defence technologies, environmental pollution regulation, finance, human health, industrial and occupational health and safety, pharmaceutical and biotechnological research and development, and scientific patents.
- Bachelor degree (including honours): 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification, Australian Qualifications Framework Diploma, or equivalent Australian or overseas qualification at the required level.
Minimum English Language Requirement
Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- Course Code: 009473E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Diploma in Information Technology Professional Practice at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Medicinal Chemistry Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation - at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Advanced Science Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation - (C10352) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Nursing Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation - (C10351) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Forensic Science Bachelor of Laws at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Science Bachelor of Business at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)