Master of Science (Extension)
The Master of Science (Extension) aims to renew and broaden students' scientific and industry experience with managerial and business acumen. It provides students with numerous opportunities by value-adding to their existing specialisations and bringing them up to speed on knowledge and technologies, or by expanding into different majors of interest to acquire professional and management skills.
The course contains a compulsory core of professional subjects relevant to all science disciplines. The subjects in the core provide a backbone of skills important to a professional scientist; be they engaged in research, science businesses, industries or government organisations. These are the skills of communication, critical analysis, project management and innovation and commercialisation. The professional strand is complemented by a choice of major study in a specific science or mathematics discipline. Students may have the option of undertaking a small research project, subject to approval by the faculty. For students with suitable achievement levels, an opportunity to undertake a more substantial research project is available by transferring into the Master of Science (Honours) ( C04267 ). For those considering a research degree, the Master of Science (Honours) provides a pathway to a PhD. The final session of electives allows students to complement their existing skill set using tailored subjects from related disciplines across health, engineering and business.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options vary according to the major chosen, but all graduates have training in the professional attributes that employers seek. The skills learnt expand career horizons and enhance prospects for promotion in the rapidly evolving science professions. Graduates in all majors may also proceed to a career in research by transferring into the Master of Philosophy in Science (C04267) as a pathway to a PhD.
- Graduates of the Biomedical Engineering major are well prepared for careers in medical device and biotechnology companies, government policy and regulation, hospitals, and research organisations where the ability to combine biology and engineering knowledge and skills is required.
- Graduates of the Marine Science and Management major can pursue careers worldwide in private and public agencies, or as private consultants in fields such as policy and conservation, fisheries, environmental sustainability and management, impact assessment, tourism, and education.
- Graduates of the Mathematical and Statistical Modelling major may expect to apply their logistic, statistical and modelling skills in careers in a wide range of diverse organisations and industries, including banking and finance, health, information technology, and market research.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification,
- submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 080273A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Mathematics and Quantitative Finance at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Indigenous Health (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Speech and Language Sciences (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Transdisciplinary Innovation (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Speech Pathology at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Medical Biotechnology (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)