Master of Information Technology (MInfTech)
Broaden your career opportunities or change direction with a postgraduate qualification in Information Technology.
If you want to build your knowledge of current and emerging IT concepts and techniques, the two-year Master of Information Technology program will advance your skills in web and software development, information systems and research, and other aspects of IT.
You'll complete compulsory and elective courses that cover a diversity of topics from introductory to advanced level, in areas including programming, information systems, networks, user-centred design, and more.
You'll undertake a research project that addresses a specific topic or problem from information technology or interaction design. And you'll be involved in all aspects of research, from defining a topic and methodology to presenting your results.
Importantly, you'll be able to benefit from a flexible program, which offers a large number of elective courses, so you can tailor your studies to suit your interests, your industry, or your career goals.
- Advance your skills in web and software development, new IT concepts and techniques.
- Study courses covering a diversity of topics from introductory to advanced level.
- Be involved in all aspects of IT research, from defining a topic to presenting your results.
- Tailor your studies to suit your interests, your industry, or your career goals.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Information design lead
- Solutions architect
- IT manager
- Scrum master
- Relationship manager
- Application developer
- Digital learning designer
- Analyst programmer
- Cloud developer
- Master data analyst
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Postgraduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Degree equivalent to an Australian bachelor degree in a field other than Information Technology or Computer Science with a GPA of at least 4.5 on a 7 point scale.
- Course Code: 080723B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Mechanical Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Software Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Urban Water Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Civil Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Chemical Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Molecular Imaging Technology at The University of Queensland