Master of Engineering Science (MEngSc)
Interested in strengthening your capacity to design, develop, and implement complex systems and engineering projects? This program offers flexibility across a range of engineering disciplines, so you can develop your technical expertise in areas specific to your career aspirations.
The Master of Engineering Science is designed for applicants with a background in engineering. You will have an engineering degree and you will take one year of study to develop technical skills in-depth.
Benefit from a program that offers a flexible study plan. Because the Master of Engineering Science has such a large number of fields and courses to choose from, you can tailor your studies to suit your interests, your industry, or your career goals.
Your future is in industry, as a professional engineer with deeper technical skills in your engineering field.
- Benefit from a program that offers a flexible study plan. Because the Master of Engineering Science has such a large number of courses to choose from, you can tailor your studies to suit your interests, your industry, or your career goals.
- Students will develop professional engineering skills and technical expertise in their discipline through advanced and master's level courses. You'll graduate with the skills required to solve complex engineering challenges in a changing world.
- Undertake a supervised research project relevant to your engineering field. You'll be expected to systematically plan and manage all aspects of your project, and to clearly explain your findings and what they contribute to your field.
Fields of study
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Materials and Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Urban Water Engineering
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Postgraduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
At UQ, we use a 7 point grading scale, where a 4 is a pass and 7 is the highest grade. When assessing your qualifications, we will convert the grade you received in your previous studies to our grading scale. This sometimes involves recalculating your GPA.
Different institutions calculate GPAs with different methods. When calculating your GPA, we may exclude certain non-academic subjects and include all failing grades.
Our GPA equivalency guide can be used as a guide to help you find the minimum UQ GPA equivalencies for the country or region where you completed your bachelor's degree.
If your GPA doesn't meet the minimum requirement for the program you're interested in, you may receive an articulation offer, which could allow you to progress to the master's degree when you meet the GPA requirements.
To enrol in the program a person must hold a relevant bachelor degree in Economics or cognate discipline or equivalent as approved by the Executive Dean; and satisfy the Executive Dean that, based on the academic record, the person is suitably qualified for admission.
IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ
TOEFL IBT - Overall 87, listening 19, reading 19, writing 21 and speaking 19.
TOEFL PB - Overall 570, listening 54, reading 54, writing 59/5.
Pearsons - Overall Score of 64 and 60 in all sub bands.
BE - A minimum overall grade of 4 plus a minimum grade of C in all macro skills.
CES - Overall 176 and 169 in all sub bands.
OET is not accepted.
- Course Code: 076003B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- MASTER OF Materials and Manufacturing Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- MASTER OF Electrical Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- MASTER OF Bioengineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Mechanical Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Software Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Urban Water Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland