Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health
In as little as one year you can gain the skills to contribute to public health management and policy, disease control and health promotion across a wide range of populations with AUT's postgraduate public health program.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health emphasizes the role of social, economic, cultural, educational, environmental and other societal factors in the production and maintenance of individual and community wellbeing.
You build your understanding of key elements of public health, with an emphasis on community health and development. You examine community and population perspectives on health and disease, and health systems responses. You learn to interpret the patterns of health and disease in populations, and become familiar with behaviors that contribute to health and disease in the community.
AUT SOUTH CAMPUS
Our South Campus is located in the heart of Manukau. You can choose from courses based entirely at the South Campus, or include papers at the City or the North Campus.
- March Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The AUT Employability and Careers team helps you consider your career options and develop the skills you need to stand out to employers and become a highly employable graduate.
Visit us at the Employability Lab to:
- Improve your CV, job search or interview techniques – we offer workshops and online tools
- Increase your networking skills – come to our career fairs, workshops and employer presentations
- Source work experience and voluntary work – meet up with employers at our employer events
- Find your career focus – talk to a career specialist about your career direction or study programme.
AUT Internz partners with employers overseas, as well as locally, to offer new AUT graduates opportunities to put their learning into action. Westpac, Lululemon and Allbirds are among the employers welcoming AUT interns and full time graduate employees.
The Employability Lab hosts a number of events like career fairs, expos and presentations where – as potential employees - students and graduates can meet employers. We also run regular career development workshops and recruitment events.
Workshops and employer presentations
We are connected with many employers who provide the leadership speaker series, industry panels and talks about potential employment with their organisation, including internship and graduate opportunities.
Past presenters include Samsung Electronics NZ, MYOB, Deloitte, BNZ, NZME, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Counties Manukau DHB and AR/VR Garage.
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
Completed one of the following:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree
- Relevant graduate diploma
- At least one year of relevant professional experience
- May be admitted on the basis of a relevant professional qualification or professional experience approved by the Dean (or representative) to be equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
- Course Code: AK3806
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Sport, Exercise and Health at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Rehabilitation Psychology at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Public Health at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Health Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)