Bachelor of Laws
The Bachelor of Laws is one of Sydney's leading law degrees. It has been developed to help students build foundational knowledge in the practice of law, as well as the 'soft' skills (problem solving, analytical thinking, spoken and written communication) required to succeed in a legal career.
Students gain a fundamental understanding of the Australian legal system, as well as essential knowledge of common law principles. The course meets the academic requirements for admission to practise as a lawyer in NSW.
Elective subjects enable students to tailor their degree to areas of personal interest – these include law electives, such an environmental law, human rights law, a major in legal futures and technology, or electives from other disciplines – and develop a complementary skill set that enhance their professional prospects.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options include lawyer or legal policy adviser within a government or corporate department, private law firm or community law centre, or negotiating treaties or work in legislation drafting with the Attorney-General's Department.
- Bachelor degree (including honours): 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification, Australian Qualifications Framework Diploma, or equivalent Australian or overseas qualification at the required level.
English Language Requirement
Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- Course Code: 013614G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Arts in Educational Studies at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism) Bachelor of Laws at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Communication (Social and Political Sciences) Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Laws Bachelor of Arts in International Studies at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Education Bachelor of Arts in International Studies at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Communication (Social and Political Sciences) Bachelor of Laws at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)