Bachelor of Pharmacy with Honours
Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Pharmacy with Honours will develop a strong foundation in basic and pharmaceutical sciences core skills which will be integrated with contemporary knowledge and application of pharmaceutics and pharmacy practice. Prior to the commencement of the third year, students are required to complete 100 hours of practical experience work in a pharmacy which will be integrated into their course work. In the fourth or final year of the degree, students will be required to undertake approximately 200 hours of clinical placements in community and hospital pharmacies of which some placements will be outside normal university trimester times. Students will be encouraged to take these placements in rural and regional areas.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
No matter what your connection to UNE — as an undergraduate or graduate student, alum, faculty member, or employer partner — Career Services has resources available for you. Career Services offers a blend of career and personal interest exploration, resume and cover letter assistance, and guidance during the transition to employment. We also coordinate annual career fairs and serve as liaison between the campus communities and area employers.
Studying abroad is an opportunity for personal growth as well as professional extension. Our students always come back from their overseas adventure with amazing exchange stories, fantastic study tour tales and a great sense of personal achievement.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Assumed knowledge is Chemistry and Mathematics.
For direct admission into undergraduate courses offered by UNE, you must have completed an educational qualification considered to be at least equivalent to completion of Year 12 in Australia.
- Applicants holding relevant Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) Year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding relevant Indian State Board of Education Board Year 12 examination results, other than PSEB and HSEB
- Applicants holding relevant Punjab State Education Board (PSEB) and Haryana State Education Board (HSEB) Year 12 Examination
- Applications holding relevant National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding a relevant Indian post-Year 10, Year 12 equivalent 3-Year VET level Diploma results in a relevant stream
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 60% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+).
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 65% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant start, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+),
- Must have achieved an overall minimum average of 60% or First Division results
1. The following requirements shall be completed in the first 18 months of commencing in the program:
- National Criminal Records Check - This check will be conducted by the NSW Health.
- Immunization - All students must undergo vaccination against infectious diseases as advised. This check will be conducted by NSW Health.
Documentation specified by NSW Health or equivalent.
Practical, Clinical or Work Experience
During their degree students are required to take 7 weeks (approx. 270 hours) of clinical placements in community and hospital pharmacies. In second-year students completed 70 hours either full or part-time in a community pharmacy, in 4th-year students complete 2 weeks full time in both community and hospital pharmacy (4 weeks total) and 1-week full time in a rural community pharmacy.
- Course Code: 084829D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Nursing at University of New England
- Bachelor of Zoology at University of New England
- Bachelor of Sustainability at University of New England
- Bachelor of Scientific Studies at University of New England
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws at University of New England
- Bachelor of Science with Honours at University of New England