Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health
The studies in Outdoor Recreation enable the application of this core knowledge base in the community and across populations through various settings, and allow students to understand the need for increased nature based play and engagement. There is a strong body of contemporary research that highlights the importance of the natural environments and their contribution to health and wellbeing.
Participation in these activities also offers the participants opportunities to engage in risk assessment, safety management and activities which build resilience. From a public health perspective, children, youth, and families must have the opportunity to incorporate the key concepts of risk, protection, and resilience in their lives to develop and maintain healthy life choices and wellbeing.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates may work in national and international health agencies; state and federal government health departments; and advocacy and aid organisations. Career options for graduates include: public health project officer, public health advocate, health promotion officer, health and fitness consultant, outdoor recreation leader, sports coach, epidemiologist, academic policy advisor.
- 2 years PSW for Melbourne
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS minimum overall score of 6.5 (with a minimum score of 6.0 in all bands).
Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy.
- Course Code: 079442K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Arts at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Philosophy / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science / Bachelor of Nutrition Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nutrition Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)