Bachelor of Health Science (Physiotherapy)
AUT offers one of the largest physiotherapy programs in the Southern Hemisphere. Our physiotherapy graduates are recognized throughout the world for their knowledge and leadership in healthcare.
Physiotherapists help people improve their quality of life. As a physiotherapist you work with a wide range of people, helping them overcome physical problems due to aging, injury, diseases, disorders, conditions or environmental factors. Most New Zealand physiotherapists work privately, treating acute sport and accidental injuries, chronic pain, back and neck problems. You also find physiotherapists in most hospitals and general practices.
AUT NORTH CAMPUS
Our North Campus is on Auckland’s North Shore and offers facilities including student accommodation, cafes and our biggest sports centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Physiotherapists specialize in:
- Cardiothoracic illness
- Hand therapy
- Health promotion and primary healthcare
- Manual therapy (including acute and chronic pain, injury, back and neck problems)
- Mental health
- Neurology (for spinal cord injury, stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, multiple sclerosis)
- Occupational health
- Older adults
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
- University Entrance or equivalent
- Must be capable of meeting the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act (HPCA Act) requirements and Children's Act 2014, including a police clearance
Applicants with English as a second or other languages who have not completed at least three years of secondary schooling in NZ will be required to meet IELTS requirements.
Ranking of applicants will occur. Preference will be given to applicants with the highest level of academic achievement and/or evidence of accomplishments in the relevant field.
- One year of successful study towards an undergraduate degree at a recognized institute.
- Higher Secondary School Exam or All-India Senior School certificate with an average of 75% in the four best subjects, with a minimum of 60% in English.
- Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum of 60% in English.
- Bachelor degree with upper second division.
- GCE A levels with a minimum of three A-level grades, with one grade being at least ‘C’ or higher. A result in General Studies cannot be included.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with successful completion of a minimum of 24 points.
- Cambridge International Examination - a minimum of 120 points on the UCAS Tariff* at A or AS level from any subjects which are broadly equivalent to the subjects in the NCEA approved subject list. Must include at least three subjects (excluding Thinking Skills) with grades D or above. Numeracy: A minimum grade of D in International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) mathematics or any mathematics subject at AS or A level. Literacy: A minimum grade of E in English Language and/or English Literature subject at AS or A level.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) with three A-levels including at least one C grade or better. A result in General Studies cannot be included among the 3 on which the application is based.
- Course Code: AK3313
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Health Science in Psychology at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Podiatry) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Sport and Recreation at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)