PUBLIC POLICY, CERTIFICATE
UW–Madison’s Undergraduate Certificate in Public Policy complements existing majors across campus and extends the La Follette School of Public Affairs' mission to training and mentoring the next generation of leaders in their careers and communities.
The certificate program allows undergraduate students to apply a policy perspective to their major course of study and bolsters their skills for success in the workforce or in their graduate school coursework. Students build a strong foundation for careers in government, nonprofit organizations, or the private sector.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Given the increasing complexity in every realm of public policy, students in the public policy certificate program gain skills in quantitative analysis, communication, writing, critical thinking, and problem solving that are in demand by more and more employers in almost every sector.
The certificate program focuses on evidence-based practices and provides students with the skills to gather data and information from various sources, analyze and synthesize the findings, and write a clear and concise report to illustrate the main points.
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
If you are currently enrolled in high school: Official transcripts from your U.S. high school, as well as transcripts for any secondary work (grades 9–12) completed prior to enrollment in a U.S. high school. Your current U.S. high school may submit their copy of your prior school transcript.
If you are currently enrolled in high school at the time of application:
- An official copy of grade 10 secondary school examination board results officiated or attested by school official*
- Internal grades for coursework taken in grades 11 and 12, through time of application.
- In order to finalize admission, students must supply an officiated or attested copy of their grade 12 senior secondary board results.
If you have already completed high school at the time of application: Attested secondary and senior secondary/intermediate education board results*
*Board results listed on transcripts are not sufficient; we require attested copies of the actual results certificates issued by the examining board.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD
- TEACHING ENGLISH TO SPEAKERS OF OTHER LANGUAGES, CERTIFICATE at University of Wisconsin
- POLITICAL ECONOMY, PHILOSOPHY, AND POLITICS, CERTIFICATE at University of Wisconsin
- EDUCATIONAL POLICY STUDIES, CERTIFICATE at University of Wisconsin
- EDUCATION AND EDUCATIONAL SERVICES, CERTIFICATE at University of Wisconsin
- DISABILITY RIGHTS AND SERVICES, CERTIFICATE at University of Wisconsin