English Language and Literature (with a study abroad year) BA (Hons)
Combine your passion for linguistics with your love of literature.
Our English Language and Literature BA enables you to explore the relationship between linguistic structure and its literary heritage – and how language operates in both society and literature.
We offer a bold, forward-thinking curriculum that allows you to study a thousand years of literature in new and progressive ways. That's what makes us one of the UK's most respected and exciting departments for the study of English, offering a distinctive approach to a radical breadth of literary texts. We encourage you to experiment with writing and understand its ability to transform the world we live in. You will be taught by engaged and passionate tutors who will guide you through each year of your degree.
You'll be part of a close-knit community of staff and students who all support each other. You'll work across a range of disciplines, tailoring your degree to your interests.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Baccalaureate
(Typical offer - 32 - 34 points overall from the full IB Diploma)
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- American Studies and Politics (with a study abroad year) BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Philosophy and English BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- English Language and Literature BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- English Language and Linguistics (with a study abroad year) BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- English Language and Linguistics BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- English and Media Studies (with a study abroad year) BA (Hons) at University of Sussex