Graduate Certificate of Humanitarian Health
Get ready to transform your existing skills to remedy the world’s most pressing health issues. Offered wholly online, the Graduate Certificate of Humanitarian Health prepares you to work effectively in some of the world’s most crisis-prone countries.
Want to diversify your employment options and pursue a truly meaningful career at the same time?
Those in the humanitarian sector are confronted with a more complex and diverse landscape than ever before. Deakin’s Graduate of Humanitarian Health focuses on educating and upskilling health professionals to prepare for deployment in increasingly multifaceted conflict and natural disaster zones.
It’s critical that response teams have the right skills and training for immediate action in regions that may already be struggling with poor health services, political and socioeconomic constraints. This course will strengthen your public and clinical health knowledge to ensure you’re well-equipped to manage the unique issues that arise in these complex environments.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
As a graduate, you’ll be well-equipped for a range of diverse roles across health service delivery, health program planning, and management, training and capacity building, health monitoring, evaluation, and education.
Your newly honed skills and knowledge will make you a highly sought-after candidate for employment in:
- local and international NGOs
- rural and remote health care
- UN agencies
- private-sector organizations
- migrant and asylum seeker health services
- relevant government bodies related to humanitarian and emergency health response.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entry will be based on performance in:
- a Bachelor degree in any discipline OR
- At least two years of relevant work experience (or part-time equivalent)
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: A590
- Course Type: Part Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Diploma of Humanitarian Assistance at Deakin University
- Graduate Diploma of Health Promotion at Deakin University
- Graduate Diploma of Creative Writing at Deakin University
- Graduate Diploma of Psychological Science at Deakin University
- Graduate Diploma of Psychology (Advanced) at Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of Diabetes Education at Deakin University