English and Comparative Literature BA
This degree combines English literature with different literatures from around the world.
You’ll choose from the whole range of options in the School of English, including writers from Africa, Asia, Australasia, Canada and the Caribbean. You’ll also study texts (from translations) in Ancient Greek, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish, taught by literature specialists from the School of Languages, Cultures and Societies.
Core modules will introduce you to the concept of world literature and issues such as genre, narratology and reception. Then you’ll choose from a wide range of optional modules to pursue topics that interest you. Your tutors provide diverse expertise to help you gain a deeper understanding of literature from around the world – and develop analytical skills that are valuable to employers.
Leeds has excellent resources for studying world literature. For example, the Brotherton Library holds a wide variety of manuscript, archive and early printed material in its Special Collections – a valuable resource for your original research.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music, Multimedia and Electronics BSc at University of Leeds
- History and Philosophy of Science and Physics BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography and Geology BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography with Environmental Mathematics BSc at University of Leeds
- Sociology and International Relations BA at University of Leeds
- Social Policy and Sociology BA at University of Leeds