Graduate Diploma in Applied Policy
The Graduate Diploma in Applied Policy, offered by the UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance (UTS: IPPG), is designed for current or aspiring professionals and practitioners in the public, private and non-profit sectors seeking to enhance their knowledge, skills base and career opportunities.
The course has an applied focus which is theoretically underpinned. It includes active approaches to learning including policy debates, case studies, role plays, group discussions, presentations and guest speakers.
The course is informed by the applied policy and social research experience of the UTS: IPPG with government, industry and the community in the Australian context and internationally. The course offers students the opportunity to critically apply their learning to case studies drawn from UTS: IPPG's research program and their own workplaces to innovate solutions. The core subjects of the course examine contemporary policy challenges; policy in practice; policy and resources and evidence and decision making. To tailor their course, students can choose their electives from a range of subjects from UTS: IPPG, the Faculty of Design and Building and the UTS Business School.
The course also offers a sub-major in Project Management. The course utilises several teaching formats, including intensive block mode and online delivery, designed by academics, practitioners and industry leaders. Most subjects are offered in flexible mode and delivered in blocks or online for more effective integration of study and work commitments.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This course was developed in response to the increased boundary-spanning of middle and executive management across government, industry and non-profit sectors. It is highly applicable to professionals working in a range of settings, including state and local government, planning, peak bodies, community and non-government organisations and sector-specific career professionals.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Applicants must have one of the following:
- a UTS recognized bachelor's degree or equivalent, or higher qualification, with at credit average
- a UTS Graduate Certificate in Applied Policy at credit average or above.
In addition, applicants need to provide:
- a CV demonstrating relevant experience, and
- a personal statement (max. 300 words) addressing their reasons for wanting to undertake the Graduate Certificate in Applied Policy.
Applicants who do not satisfy the academic requirements may be considered on the ability to demonstrate equivalency through a minimum of three years' relevant work experience.
Applicants need to provide:
- a CV clearly articulating relevant experience
- a personal statement (max. 300 words) explaining the reasons for wanting to study the Graduate Certificate in Applied policy. If applicable, detail should be provided about general or professional qualifications that demonstrate potential to pursue graduate studies.
?Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 094554K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Australian Law at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Genetic Counselling at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Legal Practice at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Legal Studies at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Australian Law at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)