Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology - SCSC03
If you’re a deep thinker with your finger on the political pulse and interested in pursuing a career of exploration and change, then this is the course for you. UC’s Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Science in Psychology double degree combines the intriguing world of politics and international affairs with the clinical psychological insights to human behaviour of a psychology degree.
You’ll develop the knowledge and skills to become a globally engaged and strategic thinker while discovering the scientific psychology theories, research methods and clinical grounding that could help you become a clinical psychologist.
Your psychology studies will be accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) and the Australian Psychological Society (APS) and give you a solid grounding in topics like cognition, psychopathology and biological behaviour, and the tools to instigate practical solutions to problems within various social and economic contexts – skills that could also come in handy should you choose to pursue a career in politics and international relations.
The University of Canberra is located in the suburb of Bruce in the Australian Capital Territory. Surrounded by Lake Ginnindera, the new suburb of Lawson, Radford college and residential housing, regular public buses can drop you right on campus. Open space, natural calm, tall trees and wildlife. Close to the city. Convenient to shopping. Great food, cool cafes, events and markets; a buzzing social hub with something for everyone. Student accommodation, an on-campus medical and counselling centre, the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Public Hospital, Belconnen Shopping Mall and a variety of restaurants are all within walking distance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The world is your oyster! Diplomat, policy adviser, intelligence analyst, psychologist or even politician… your career options (and the potential to earn a healthy salary and travel) will be endless with UC’s Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Laws degree. Graduates will have the accredited skills and qualifications required to explore careers in:
- including strategic analysis, trade relations and foreign affairs
- intelligence, including security analysis
- international business and aid
- the public sector, including policy development
- the not-for-profit sector
- clinical psychology
- private practice
- media, communications, public affairs and public relations
- domestic or international business, including consultancy
- education and research.
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Cities and major regional centres
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie
- Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an
additional year in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 3 years of PSW visa)
Regional centres and other regional areas
All other locations
(list of cities)
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
We also offer a number of entry initiatives that give you the opportunity to gain entry to the University via alternate pathway programs and admissions schemes.
For More Information Please Connect to Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 099015G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Arts and Design (Honours) - 298JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Digital Design (Visual Communication Design) at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Digital Design (Digital Media) at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Visual Arts) - ARB405 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Drama and Performance) - ARB404 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Contemporary Music Practice) - ARB403 at University of Canberra