Graduate Diploma in Molecular Biology
Acquire high-level knowledge and develop practical skills relevant to modern molecular biology research or industry practice.
With UQ's one -year Graduate Diploma in Molecular Biology program, you can build practical skills as you experience laboratory techniques such as electrophoresis, polymerase chain reaction, endonuclease mapping, fluorescent reporters and expression vectors.
You'll develop an advanced knowledge of the structure and function of genes and the proteins they encode. Your study will cover genome sequencing, recombinant DNA technology and macromolecular structure determination. Through laboratory practicals, workshops, projects and directed study, you'll receive training in bioinformatics, molecular genetics, biomolecular structure and function, and immunology.
You'll also be able to write your own research proposal and carry out a project as part of your course choices.
Plus you'll graduate with the high-level knowledge and skills to achieve your goals in modern molecular biology research or industry practice.
- Study at an international powerhouse of teaching and research in chemical and molecular life sciences.
- Learn from scientists who have contributed to breakthroughs in safer vaccines, antibiotic resistance, viral infections and early breast cancer detection.
- Enhance your technical and research skills in core areas of molecular biology, protein technology and bioinformatics.
- Create and carry out your own research project.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Analytical biochemist
- Genetic pathologist
- Environmental biologist
- Pharmaceutical scientist
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor degree in any field; or
Graduate Certificate in Molecular Biology.
UQ or equivalent GPA of 5 or above on a 7 point scale.
- Course Code: 034055D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Industry Practice at The University of Queensland
- Graduate-Certificate in Molecular Biology at The University of Queensland