Postgraduate Certificate in Law
The Postgraduate Certificate in Law is for those who have already completed an undergraduate degree, whether in law or another area and want to gain advanced legal knowledge and develop their research skills.
It provides you with advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of the law and legal issues, which you can integrate with your existing knowledge and related professional experience. Practicing lawyers can earn credit towards satisfying compulsory Continuing Legal Education requirements by enrolling in and completing papers towards a Postgraduate Certificate in Law.
AUT CITY CAMPUS
Our City Campus is in the heart of Auckland. It is AUT’s biggest campus and home to most academic units and the central administration, including the Vice-Chancellor’s office.
- March Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The AUT Employability and Careers team helps you consider your career options and develop the skills you need to stand out to employers and become a highly employable graduate.
Visit us at the Employability Lab to:
- Improve your CV, job search or interview techniques – we offer workshops and online tools
- Increase your networking skills – come to our career fairs, workshops and employer presentations
- Source work experience and voluntary work – meet up with employers at our employer events
- Find your career focus – talk to a career specialist about your career direction or study programme.
AUT Internz partners with employers overseas, as well as locally, to offer new AUT graduates opportunities to put their learning into action. Westpac, Lululemon and Allbirds are among the employers welcoming AUT interns and full time graduate employees.
The Employability Lab hosts a number of events like career fairs, expos and presentations where – as potential employees - students and graduates can meet employers. We also run regular career development workshops and recruitment events.
Workshops and employer presentations
We are connected with many employers who provide the leadership speaker series, industry panels and talks about potential employment with their organisation, including internship and graduate opportunities.
Past presenters include Samsung Electronics NZ, MYOB, Deloitte, BNZ, NZME, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Counties Manukau DHB and AR/VR Garage.
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
- A Bachelor of Laws or Bachelor of Laws (Honours); or
- A bachelor’s degree; or
- A relevant professional qualification or professional experience approved by the Dean of Law to be equivalent to a bachelor’s degree
- Applicants must demonstrate to the Dean (or representative) an ability to undertake advanced study and research in law.
- Course Code: AK1050
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Criminology and Criminal Justice at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Human Rights at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Rights at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Graduate Diploma in Secondary Teaching at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)