Bachelor of Science Architectural & Building Information Modelling Technology
What is Architectural and Building Information Modelling (BIM) Technology?
Architectural and BIM Technology is an innovative approach to the integration of traditional architectural technologist skills-sets together with Building Information Modelling (BIM) processes and technologies which are currently transforming the way in which construction projects are procured, managed and built.
What is the BSc (Hons) in Architectural and Building Information Modelling (BIM) Technology?
This four year programme enables students to become architectural technologists with additional advanced skills in Building Information Technology (BIM). Students will become competent in the ‘science of building’ and the production of construction drawings and specifications for complex building types, allowing them to become technical members of construction design teams.
Student will also acquire an advanced knowledge in the application of BIM methodology which is an integrated collaborative approach for building project delivery between the relevant professionals, i.e. engineers, quantity surveyors, architectural professions and the building contractor.
The inclusion of an Industrial Placement (work experience) module and modules in Project Management, Property Pathology and Refurbishment, Value Engineering and Construction Collaboration Technologies, will also enable the graduate to become an interdisciplinary practitioner within the construction industry.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD195
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science Information Technology at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Architectural Technology at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Architecture (Honours) Architecture at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Quantity Surveying at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Construction Management & Engineering at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering Electrical Engineering at Waterford Institute of Technology