Bachelor of Medical Imaging (Honours)
Our Bachelor of Medical Imaging (Honours) (BMedImag(Hons)) is the first undergraduate Medical Imaging programme and the only honours degree in Medical Imaging to be offered by a university in New Zealand.
Our graduates are eligible for registration with the New Zealand Medical Radiation Technologists Board (MRTB).
You will benefit from a combination of academic and clinical studies. The programme is evidence-based and research-led. The extensive hands-on clinical experience throughout is supported by experienced Medical Imaging Technologists (MITs) in radiology departments. The programme offers practical experience in simulation labs, hospitals and outpatient radiology facilities. So you will be well prepared to apply your learning in the clinical workplace. Study with us towards a rewarding and patient-centred career as a Medical Imaging Technologist.
Originally established as the School of Medicine, the Grafton Campus (opposite Auckland Hospital on the boundary of Auckland Domain) houses the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, including a café, health services, and the Philson Library.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Medical Imaging Technologists (MITs) can work in a variety of roles either in public hospitals or private radiology practices. Most will begin their career in general radiographic imaging (x-ray) with opportunities to also work in computed tomography (CT), angiography and mammography. MITs may subsequently choose to pursue additional studies to practise in specialisations such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound and nuclear medicine.
Jobs related to this program
- Academic or researcher
- Clinical applications training specialist
- MRI technologist
- Manager in a medical imaging department
- Medical imaging technologist (MIT)
- Nuclear medicine technologist
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
You need to have one of the following:
- 12 years of schooling and an overall average of 75 percent in the All-India Senior School Certificate (AISSC), Indian School Certificate (ISC), Karnataka, Maharashtra, and West Bengal State Board Examinations with a minimum of 70 percent in English.
- 12 years of schooling and an overall average of 80 percent in all other Higher Secondary State Board Examinations with a minimum of 75 percent in English.
You need to have the following:
- Entry from secondary school qualifications is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
You need to have the following:
- Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education. You must have completed a minimum of three A-Level subjects, with at least a ‘C’ grade or higher. General Studies or similar general paper cannot be included.
GCE ‘A’ Level requirements apply to ‘A’ Level qualifications examined by bodies such as AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC, CCEA, Pearson Education Limited, and CIE taken outside of New Zealand.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Sport, Health and Physical Education at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Pharmacy at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Optometry at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) at University of Auckland