Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Energy
Prepare for the future and address the challenges at the nexus of energy, climate change and sustainability.
This one year program is designed to address complex problems across disciplines and equip you with the knowledge and skills to progress to leadership positions in the energy sector.
You'll learn from leading academics and researchers as well as national and international practitioners, about the complex nature of energy generation, distribution and supply, and the challenges of transitioning to a sustainable energy future. Plus the flexible course structure makes it easier for you to integrate your studies into your existing schedule.
You'll explore the crucial role of technology, policy and innovation in energy project management and development. You'll grasp the importance of balancing the trade-offs between social, economic and environmental considerations. And you'll gain the skill and understanding to tackle the challenges and opportunities that come with a shift toward clean energy and decentralised renewable energy.
Your qualification may also allow you to be accepted into the Master of Sustainable Energy at UQ and accelerate your degree.
- Learn from leaders in energy research who share your desire for a more sustainable, cleaner energy future.
- Enjoy the flexibility to complete each course, whenever and wherever you choose.
- Gain the critical knowledge and in-demand skills to stand out in your field.
- Benefit from a program validated by top-tier companies to ensure your competitive advantage for career success.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Approved degree or equivalent in any discipline; or
Have completed the school's aptitude test in spoken and written Japanese and English to the standard set by the Executive Dean.
Proficiency in spoken and written Japanese and English. See English Language Proficiency requirements.
Candidates must sit and pass the Aptitude Test set by the School of Languages and Cultures before being admitted to the program. A fee may apply for the Aptitude Test. More information about the aptitude test, and test dates can be found on the School of Languages and Cultures website.
IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ
TOEFL IBT - Overall 87, listening 19, reading 19, writing 21 and speaking 19.
TOEFL PB - Overall 570, listening 54, reading 54, writing 59/5.
Pearsons - Overall Score of 64 and 60 in all sub bands.
BE - A minimum overall grade of 4 plus a minimum grade of C in all macro skills.
CES - Overall 176 and 169 in all sub bands.
OET is not accepted.
- Course Code: 094111D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN Conservation Biology at The University of Queensland
- GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN Bioinformatics at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Industry Practice at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Molecular Biology at The University of Queensland