Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws - ARSC02
Take the legal practical problem-solving nature of law and combine it with the creative, critical and professional capabilities of communications and media – and together you have a powerful double degree that will develop your legal and advocacy skills while showing you how to create your own and others’ unique brand identities from the ground up.
UC’s Bachelor of Communication and Media/Bachelor of Laws course combines the best elements of a multitude of legal and communication and media subjects and brings them together to give you the legal expertise and communication skills to inspire and influence change, regardless of audience demographic.
This highly sought-after course also comes with extremely strong links to local industry, giving UC students unrivalled access to an invaluable, lifelong network of professional contacts, practical exposure and the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in either the public or private sectors.
This course also has professional accreditation with the Supreme Court of the ACT and NSW, allowing students in their final year to qualify for admission to practice law.
Study a Bachelor of Communication and Media and Bachelor of Laws at UC and you will:
- obtain a broad and in-depth understanding of the theoretical and practical knowledge of law
- fine-tune your ability to present ideas and opinions effectively and communicate within and across professional and cultural boundaries
- learn how to produce, create and track digital content designed around tailored narratives
- acquire the ability to problem solve, analyse and evaluate information in a systematic, creative and insightful way
- use professional knowledge and skills ethically and responsibly, for the benefit of others and the environment
- learn advanced legal research and writing skills and how to implement them
- gain eligibility to a globally recognised range of professional accreditations
- build an enviable list of industry contacts
- create, develop and manage yours and others’ professional brand identity.
The University of Canberra is located in the suburb of Bruce in the Australian Capital Territory. Surrounded by Lake Ginnindera, the new suburb of Lawson, Radford college and residential housing, regular public buses can drop you right on campus. Open space, natural calm, tall trees and wildlife. Close to the city. Convenient to shopping. Great food, cool cafes, events and markets; a buzzing social hub with something for everyone. Student accommodation, an on-campus medical and counselling centre, the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Public Hospital, Belconnen Shopping Mall and a variety of restaurants are all within walking distance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The UC Bachelor of Communication and Media/Bachelor of Laws double degree offers highly transferable qualifications that could easily add value across a range of industries. Career options include:
- business owner
- marketing communications manager
- corporate and public communications lawyer
- sports media lawyer
- legal consultant/specialist
- policy advisor.
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Cities and major regional centres
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie
- Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an
additional year in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 3 years of PSW visa)
Regional centres and other regional areas
All other locations
(list of cities)
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
We also offer a number of entry initiatives that give you the opportunity to gain entry to the University via alternate pathway programs and admissions schemes.
For More Information Please Connect to Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 098997F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Forensic Studies/ Bachelor of Laws - NPSC02 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Justice Studies - SCB001 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Justice Studies/Bachelor of Forensic Studies - SCNP01 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Primary Education - 321JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts) - 323JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM) - 322JA at University of Canberra