Bachelor of Design (Architecture)/Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours)
Gain knowledge, skills, and practical experience in architecture, design, and construction in this unique combined course that explores smart, sustainable design. Learn to design striking buildings that are economically and environmentally viable and manage projects, no matter what their scale or size.
Want to launch your career on the world stage?
Offering an internationally recognized qualification, graduates eager to explore a diverse career in the built environment industry can work in Australia or overseas, in more than 50 countries.
The Bachelor of Design (Architecture)/Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours) offers an excellent mix of hands-on practice and theory so that you graduate job-ready. You’ll learn about:
- architectural history, theory, and design
- building economics and law
- building practice
- measurement and estimation
- project management
- quantity surveying
- science and technology.
By studying a combined course in architecture and construction management you will gain a far greater understanding of the types of career paths available to you. It will also allow you to better recognize the mindset and drivers of an architect or construction manager when working altogether in the industry.
Geelong Waterfront Campus
Located in the heart of Geelong, the Geelong Waterfront Campus has spectacular views of the bay. Used as wool stores in the 19th century, this campus has been renovated to create an impressive, modern space that offers an inspiring study environment. The unique mix of old and new allows for engaging and creative spaces, and its central location means students can visit Geelong’s central business district between classes. In 2019 a new ferry travelling between Melbourne and Geelong was launched. The ferry offers a comfortable and convenient mode of transport. It docks a short walk from the Geelong Waterfront Campus. Train and bus services are also regularly available between Geelong and Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This cross-discipline course gives you more options for your future career. Career opportunities include:
- 3D architectural modeler
- architectural consultant or designer
- building designer
- building project manager
- construction manager
- quantity surveyor.
Upon graduating, if you would like to pursue a career as a practicing architect, you will need to complete the Master of Architecture (Design Management). This enables you to become a registered architect and work in private architectural practices, government organizations, property development, or other building and design fields.
- Geelong/ Warrnambool Campus - 3 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- (standard class XII) 65%
Entry for applicants with recent secondary education (previous three years) will be based on their performance in a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education, with pre-requisite units 3 and 4; a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or 20 in English other than EAL. Applicants will be selected in accordance with the published Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) for that year.
Entry for applicants with previous Tertiary, VET, life, or work experience will be based on their performance in:
- a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR
- a Diploma in any discipline or 50% completion of a Diploma in a related discipline OR
- successful completion of relevant study at an accredited higher education institution equivalent to at least two Deakin University units OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent for example relevant work or life experience
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 080118A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Artificial Intelligence at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Information Technology at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Cyber Security at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering (Honours) at Deakin University