This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Master of International Economics and Finance / Commerce
Gain the skills required to make financial and investment decisions spanning global markets, while developing specialist knowledge in applied finance, professional accounting and information systems.
This dual degree program will increase your understanding of the significant role played by financial markets and institutions in the world economy as you also focus on the key concepts of commerce today.
The international economics and finance component of the program is founded upon a platform of microeconomics, macroeconomics and statistics, and extends to teaching you how economic principles may be applied to issues in the international economy, with electives that enable you to concentrate on your specific needs and interests.
During your commerce study, you'll have the opportunity to undertake two fields of study or additional research electives, which may provide a pathway to higher degrees by research. You'll also benefit from UQ's ranking of 43rd in the world for accounting and finance education*, a distinction reflected in the quality of course material and contemporary learning environment where you have access to the state-of-the-art Bloomberg Trading Room and can participate in the Student Managed Investment Fund.
- Learn why success in today’s business economy depends on your ability to interpret and respond to ever-changing international economic forces.
- Acquire specialised knowledge of the extensive implications and opportunities arising from the process of greater economic and financial integration around the world.
- Build your theoretical and technical know-how of the financial services industry by obtaining a greater understanding of finance while advancing your management skills.
- Gain qualifications in commerce that are recognised by employers worldwide and will elevate you to the next level of your career.
Fields of study
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Applied Finance
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Depending on which field you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Market risk analyst
- Compliance officer
- Quantitative analyst
- Pricing strategist
- Performance analyst
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Postgraduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
To enrol in the program, a person must meet the entry requirements for both the Master of International Economics and Finance (24 units) and Master of Commerce (24 units) programs.
- Course Code: 096592K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- MASTER OF Finance and Investment Management at The University of Queensland
- Master of Tourism, Hotel and Event Management at The University of Queensland
- Master of International Relations (MIR) at The University of Queensland
- Master of International Economics and Finance (MIntEcon&F) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Global Management (MGMan) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Financial Mathematics (MFinMath) at The University of Queensland